alias
Camper
16years
Nemesis Cabin
Single
Straight
30 posts
625 Drachma

Never in his life did Ricky EVER claim he was angel.
He was fallible like any other kid in the world and that extended to demigod kids. In his case, it was bending the rules to suit his own corrupt interests.
Actually...that wasn't entirely true.
Being roster to work in the camp kitchen with the rest of his cabin mates that week, Ricky had finagled a perk from the kid in charge of the kitchen- just a little one....
Over the last few days he had reason to visit the camp forge to have his sword resharpened He had been hitting the sword-fighting training pretty hard lately and Erin was a mean ass tutor. As a result his prized sword had lost its edge and needed to be sharpened again. Arriving there he caught the tail end of a conversation that Gale had been having with one of his cabin siblings. The sibling was worried that Gale was working too hard in the forge and not eating enough. The last thing they wanted was for Gale to flake out from starvation and fall face first into the red hot coals of the forge. Not that would happen...maybe.

Needless to say, Gale had fobbed off the concern- saying he was okay and not to worry.
Ricky wasn't so convinced though. However he figure that working hard was a big thing with Gale and who was he to take Gale's pride from him by making him slow down a little? It took some brain work, but eventually Ricky came up with a plan.
Seeing a pile of work building up around Gale's forge, Ricky went to visit him at the forge to pick up his sword after it had been resharpened. he let slip that he was rostered in the kitchen that night and that if he wanted to, he should come by around 9.pm and hang out with him there and have a vegan pizza.
What? Was he planning to work all night? Surely not...
Dinner was long over and the last of the Nemesis kids had finished and gone back to their cabin, leaving Ricky alone in the kitchen. With unlimited access to the kitchen pantry, Ricky had started to make on of his favourite foods: pizza. Using soya milk he made the dough for the pizza base, before selecting the toppings. Tomato paste was spread over the pizza base and was followed in succession in a whirlwind of activity by baby spinach, sliced fresh mushrooms, sliced green onions, diced red onions sliced tomatoes, pickles and jalapenos for an extra snap to it all. With the absence of cheese to hold all the toppings n the pizza, Ricky chose to cook it for seven instead of ten minutes for usual pizzas. Last thing he wanted was a overly dry pizza- yuck!

It was whilst he was quickly cleaning up the mess he made that he heard the screen of the back door to the kitchen and Gale entering from the darkness outside.
"Hey man..feeling hungry still?" he asked as the aroma of cooking pizza floated across the kitchen.

Gale Mcclaine
PM
^
Gale Mcclaine
 Posted: May 5 2018, 05:35 AM
Bills
alias
Blacksmith
17years
Hepaestus Cabin
Single
Gay
12 posts
15 Drachma

Gale had been pushing himself especially hard in the forge recently. It was the only way he could get out of his own head. All these uncomfortable feelings welling up and pushed behind a wall of iron in his mind. It wasn't healthy in the least, but he was taking every day as it came.
Plus if he was in the forge, he wasn't around other people. Not because he didn't want to be social, he'd always wanted tons of friends as a kid. Being homeschooled and an only child he rarely saw other kids, which was super lonely.
But now if he was around the other campers he risked the conversation turning to peoples crushes or who was dating who as teenagers inevitably did. He'd get that bitter taste of metal on his tongue from the dread he felt if anyone asked him anything and he'd have to straight up lie to their faces. No, it was better shutting himself in the forge.
Somehow he'd found time to start forging himself a new weapon, a hammer which required a mould and a lot of metal to be melted into it. But he'd been leaving it and coming back to it, as he dealt with other people bringing in their own weapons which he always prioritised.
Feeling his stomach growl and realised he had long missed another meal. But he recalled Ricky telling him to come down to the kitchens for vegan pizza around 9, and checking his watch he still had time to get down there. He didn't often accept invitations to hang out, but vegan pizza sounded so good he found himself out the door and heading towards the showers to wash before he knew what he was doing. It was dark out but it didn't bother him, and he was soon stepping into the kitchens mouth instantly watering from the smells of cooking pizza.
"Starving," he groaned, "Thanks for doing this," he added earnestly. Hopping up onto a counter it wasn't until he was sitting still did he really notice how knackered he was. "Where'd you learn to cook?" he asked curiously, without being rude it seemed like an unexpected skill for the guy to have.

Ricky Maderias
PM
^
Ricky Maderias
 Posted: May 5 2018, 10:11 AM
Denton
alias
Camper
16years
Nemesis Cabin
Single
Straight
30 posts
625 Drachma

"No problem dude- seriously..." the nemesis kid smiled as Gale thanked him for the pizza he was making. "You're the only guy around here I would trust to sharpen my sword. Every time I bring it to you, you do a kick ass job on it" he said. It was true- Gale did good work. "Besides..." he said a little guiltily as he check on the pizza, "I...kinda overheard last time I was in the forge that you were...well, kinda missing meals because you are uber-busy and all" Ricky admitted rather sheepishly. It wasn't his habit to eavesdrop, but he couldn't help overhearing. "So I figured you might like some eats".

"Where did I learn to cook?" he answered. "Well....I learned because Momma said 'if I was going to eat her out of house and home I might as well learned to cook my own damn food' ". He chuckled playfully. "That and sometimes she and my dad would get home late- so I had to have something to eat when I got home from school. Worked out okay- I made what I want and cleaned up afterwards. As long as I didn't leave a mess Mom was okay with me cooking...most of the time". The buzzer went and Ricky loped back over to the oven. "Alright...here we go" he announced as he turned the buzzer and oven off. Using a rolled up piece of cloth, he carefully eased the pizza tray out of the oven. The orchestra of different smells from the pizza wafted past him and spread out through the kitchen.
The pizza looked okay- even if a little singed at one end. Nothing looked too burned or too dry. Carefully he lowered the tray onto a wooden piece of chopping board and fetched a kitchen knife. "Meh- screw plates...we can eat off the tray" he announced as he cut the pizza into eight easy to eat pieces. "So...you being busy- how is that going?" he asked as he worked.

Gale Mcclaine
PM
^
Gale Mcclaine
 Posted: May 21 2018, 05:03 AM
Bills
alias
Blacksmith
17years
Hepaestus Cabin
Single
Gay
12 posts
15 Drachma

Gale had to grin when Ricky complimented his sword sharpening skills. As jobs went sharpening weapons was a pretty simple one in comparison to the entire process of crafting. But he enjoyed it none-the-less. "I'm glad," it was reassuring to know that the weapon still handled well.
He felt his face heat up as the other boy confessed to overhearing about him over working. "You heard that?" he wasn't annoyed, just a little embarrassed. "I guess I just get carried away sometimes," which was true enough. Once he was focused on a job it was hard to draw his mind away from it. Even if someone did drag him away for a meal he was probably still thinking about it.
"But I really appreciate it," it was hard not to, especially when he was catering to his specific dietary requirement.

Gale listened with interest as Ricky explained the history of his cooking skills. "What do your parents do?" he asked conversationally. It was weird hearing about demi-gods raised by two parents so he was just curious. He'd spent tons of time as a kid wondering about his dad. But he would never have guessed he was an actual God.

"It smells incredible," mouth watering as he jumped off the counter to take a better look at Ricky's masterpiece. Ricky started cutting and he couldn't wait to dig in, he shrugged in answer to his question though. "Great, I like the work a lot, plus when it's just me and the forge it's like i don't have to worry about anything else ya' know?"

Ricky Maderias
PM
^
Ricky Maderias
 Posted: May 23 2018, 10:39 PM
Denton
alias
Camper
16years
Nemesis Cabin
Single
Straight
30 posts
625 Drachma

"Yeah..." Ricky replied. It was kind of hard to miss that conversation going on when he visited the forge. It wasn't that he was eavesdropping, but the conversation itslef, could not help but attraction his attention. Besides, in Ricky's opinion Gale did look kind of drained.
"Mmm...I dunno. You are totally into making stuff from metal. That's your thing riight? Well, you are totally into that sort of stuff. I can't judge- I mean I am all about wrestling" he said. It was true. Ricky did spend most of his tim doing some kind of training related to wrestling. Certainly it paid off- he was one of the best wrestlers amongst the demigod kids at Camp Half Blood. Not many could best him in a wrestling match. Luckily (for him) he distracted himself by workong out on the climbing wall or hanging out with friends and NOT talking about wrestling. Still, if Camp Half Blood had a sports tournament with another camp of demigods- Ricky was the guy for the wrestling event.
"That's cool" he beamed, "Gives me a chance to practice my cooking skills". It was true- he relished the opportunity to 'think outsude the box' when it came to cooking.

His parents....
Ricky had time since he discovered he was a demigod, to think about that issue. Mrs Maderias was not really his mother- the goddess Nemesis was. But it was Mrs Maderias who had raised him, not her. As much as he wanted Nemesis to show him some kind of 'motherly interest', he knew that was not going to happen.
"My dad is a fisherman. He works on a boat that was owned by my grandpa and he works it with my two uncles. Sometimes I helped out on the boat was big enough- pretty hard I can telll you. Mom, she stays at home most of the time. Some times she helps out at the local community center" he said. There were times he missed his family and the life he left behind in New Haven. It was the familiar things that made him just a little home sick.

Ricky chuckled playfully when Gale could hold back from grabbing a piece of pizza. "Guess you;re pretty hungry, huh?" Ricky ventured. A healthy appetite was always a good thing he leanred.
"Totally. You are like, meditating as you work the metal and that kinda allows you to deal with or figure out stuff in your life, right?" he ventured. Ricky was looking at the issue from his own view point in the hope of understanding what drive Gale.

Gale Mcclaine
PM
^
Gale Mcclaine
 Posted: Jun 27 2018, 05:52 AM
Bills
alias
Blacksmith
17years
Hepaestus Cabin
Single
Gay
12 posts
15 Drachma

Ricky mentioned his love of wrestling and he chuckled, "We'll have to spar sometime," since Gale usually spent most of his time making weapons he often neglected his combat training. His fighting style was more of a heavy handed smashing technique -if you could call it a technique- with his hammer. But it required upper body strength to heave it around so he usually just relied on that.

"That sounds interesting," he replied honestly, he didn't think he'd ever been on a boat before. He wasn't sure he trusted the ocean all that much to be honest, or flying for that matter. He'd rather have his feet safe on the ground. "What did you catch?" he asked, not that he could eat it anyway.

"Exactly!" he exclaimed, pleased that Ricky understood his mentality when it came to forging. He started eating a slice of pizza and hummed his approval, "Oh my Gods, Ricky," his mouth watered from the flavours swimming about in his mouth. "You, my friend have a gift," he grinned trying not to scarf down the whole slice in one bite.

Ricky Maderias
PM
^
Ricky Maderias
 Posted: Jun 27 2018, 01:01 PM
Denton
alias
Camper
16years
Nemesis Cabin
Single
Straight
30 posts
625 Drachma

As a gentle conspiracy on his part, Rikcy had planned to leave the majority of the pizza (whilst it was still hot) to Gabe. Nonchalently he reached over a picked up a piece of the mushrooms left over from making the pizza. "Sure...if you want" he said, tossing a piece of mushroom in the air and catching it in his mouth on the way down. "I am kinda coaching a guy at the moment, so..." Ricky said as he tossed a piece of jalapenos up and caght it too in his mouth, "I am always up for a spar" he said. Ricky liked wrestling with his friends for fun. It didn't matter if he won or lost, as long as he was with his friends. It was one of his ways of connecting with some of the guys around the camp- if you got your ass kicked by Ricky, you knew you had a friend who could watch your back and stick with you in the bad times. That said, if you kicked Ricky's ass...well, that just told him that you had his back. He was well aware that Gabe was was strong in the upper body like he was- he ought to be banging pieces of metal every day.

"Mmmm..." he said as he stuffed one slice pizza in his mouth, "Mostly cod and snapper. If we throw a loster pot over, sometimes lobsters or an octopus" he said swallowing part of the pizza slice. ""Actually, that is kinda weird...you'd think that I would have Poseidon as my goldy parent, not Nemesis based on that". He shrugged. "Meh..." he said before tossing a piece of pickle in the air and just catching it in his mouth. "Gotta say, I do miss the sea sometimes" Ricky admitted.

A pleased chuckled from Ricky showed he was happy that Gabe like his pizza. "Just one of my seceret talents and joys- keep working the way you have been and I might turn up at your forge at 6.00am with pancakes made with soy milk". And he would you know....

Gale Mcclaine
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Shadowplay Next Incarnation Ark City StoryBrookeAU HungerGames RPG Fortify The Beginning Bombarda Maxima! Candyland Coture Long Live Evil 

RPG-D Rise of the Believers WELCOME TO RIVERDALE K-Urban

Vote for us here:
Shadowplay Topsites Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.